About This File
ImgBurn is the product I decided is the most powerful free burning tool, as no other software comes close to its advanced features and options.
ImgBurn includes support for:
- every modern optical disc from CD to Blu-Ray
- more than 10 image formats
- authoring rewritable discs
- producing images from file compilations or discs
- building audio CDs from a variety of file types
- creating video discs on DVD, Blu-Ray, and HD-DVD
- enabling access to drives for restricted users
- endless tweaking of all aspects of the burn process.
ImgBurn has several 'Modes', each one for performing a different task:
- Read - Read a disc to an image file;
- Build - Create an image file from files on your computer or network or you can write the files directly to a disc;
- Write - Write an image file to a disc;
- Verify - Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct;
- Discovery - Put your drive/media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing.
ImgBurn's advanced features may confuse you if you just want to do a basic burn. The welcome menu provides quick access to some common tasks, but other basic features such as erasing a re-writable disc are not immediately visible. Try playing around with ImgBurn for a while. Exploring the menus will certainly reveal most of what you need. It's the Editors' Choice in this category of software although ImgBurn is primarily aimed at advanced users.
A free tool that enables you to burn CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray images with ease. Very flexible application with several advanced features not available in other tools.
Bundled with OpenCandy - see information link in review text. Probably more suited to advanced users who will appreciate the extent of its configurability.