About This File
Minecraft Forge API is an open-source utility or mod-layer for Minecraft versions 1.11.2, 1.12, 11.12.1 and 11.12.2 packed with modification features that equip both developers and players with modding capabilities. Players and developers can use the Minecraft Forge tool to reduce existing Minecraft mod incompatibilities or iron them out completely.
An example of its effective use would be players installing multiple mods with similar functionality without experiencing any errors or glitches, while developers can connect their mods without having to worry about any conflicts with other connected mods.
All new Minecraft Forge versions come standard with in-built installers. The installation steps below apply to v1.5.2 and previous versions:
- Download the latest available version of Minecraft Forge.
- Unzip the .jar file and run it.
- Select Install Client, the installer will automatically find the standard Minecraft mods folder.
- Let the installer finish.
- Open you Minecraft launcher and check if a new profile has been created. If a new profile "Forge" is created, select it and run Minecraft.
Follow the steps below if a new profile is not created after you've installed the Forge mod:
- Open the Minecraft launcher.
- Go to edit you profile.
- Under which version of Minecraft you want to associate with you profile select the Forge version (bottom of the list).
- Save your profile.
- Run the game.